Are you in search of a good pair of binoculars that would help you see the deep sky and take a look at the nearest stars or moon?
Finding the right binoculars may not be an easy task, but this review has got your back.
Here, you can learn more about Orion 51464 20×80 Astronomy Binoculars and whether they are a good choice or not.
- Viewing deep sky
Why Should You Purchase Orion 51464 20×80 Astronomy Binoculars?
- Rubber objective lens caps with a deep flange. Thanks to that, you get binoculars that offer a secure lens cover system that would make sure your device is still, and the lenses won’t fall out.
- Fully multi-coated optics. Thanks to those, you can get clear and breathtaking views of the night sky and enjoy the maximum light that the optics will provide you with.
- Great price. Orion 51464 20×80 Astronomy Binoculars may not be the cheapest option on the market, but their cost is definitely more than just great for such quality. It’s definitely worth the price.
- Waterproof. No need to worry about water damaging your binoculars: the Orion 51464 20×80 Astronomy Binoculars are water-resistant, so there is no rain that could possibly ruin them.
- Easy to adjust. These adjustable binoculars are easy in use and can be easily accommodated when it comes to your comfort and preferences.
- 17mm eye relief. Thanks to that, your eyes won’t be getting tired, and you will be able to enjoy the view even with your glasses on.
A Few Aspects to Consider Before Making a Purchase
There are a couple of disadvantages of these binoculars you should also keep in mind before buying this set of binoculars:
- A bit heavy. You will have to get used to carrying the binoculars. You might even grow some muscle while doing so! All jokes aside, you have to keep in mind that those are not as lightweight as they seem.
- You will need a tripod to get a better view and make sure that the binoculars are steady. There goes another small problem: you need a tripod to use these binoculars because otherwise, you will be shaking. But keep in mind that this is a usual requirement for those who plan on using any kind of binoculars.
So what does this model have to offer to a deep sky lover? Let’s get into more details right here:
- Magnification: 20x
- Optical diameter: 80mm
- Field of view – angular/linear: 3.2°/168.0 ft./1000 yd
- Apparent field of view: 64.0°
- Eye relief: 17mm
- Exit pupil: 4mm
- Focus style: Center focus
- Weight: 4.7 lbs
- Height: 12.5 in.
- Tripod adjustable: Yes
- Prism: BAK-4 Porro
- Coatings: Fully multi-coated.
How to Choose the Right Binoculars?
Still haven’t decided on the binoculars you should get?
No doubt, Orion 51464 20×80 Astronomy Binoculars is one of the best products available in the shops right now, but there are a few other things you need to take care of before finally deciding on the best binoculars.
Here are a few steps you should take that will lead you to the best binoculars:
- Pay attention to the size. Binoculars come in all shapes and sizes. Don’t hurry to make a purchase: first, it is best to learn what size is going to be the right fit for you. Feel free to visit different shops and “try on” the binoculars.
- Check the specs. This is one of the first things you need to take care of. The specs will provide you with the info on the binoculars and whether they suit your purposes or not.
- Consider getting a tripod. Not all binoculars can be used together with a tripod, so first think about its importance to you.
- Make sure the binoculars are not too heavy for you. Those might not seem like very heavy devices, but they often are, so keep that in mind when choosing the binoculars.
- Take a look at different manufacturers. Compare all the options that you find interesting. This will help you find the right one.
So Is It a “Yes”?
Let’s sum up the cons and pros of the binoculars:
And that’s pretty much it. Enjoy the best views of the deep sky with these binoculars that will definitely surprise you in a good way!