If you’re looking for a pair of mid-range binoculars with high magnification capabilities, don’t pass by Bushnell 141042 Powerview 10×42.
This is a good choice for enthusiasts who don’t want to spend too much money on their tech but still want good quality.
This model provides everything necessary for low-light viewing and comfort of use.
It’s good for:
- Sports and Football
- Spying/City Viewing/Peeping
- Wildlife Viewing
- Whale Watching and Ocean Viewing
- Long Distance Viewing, etc.
They are all-purpose and will give you lots of possibilities to see objects that are far away as if they are nearby. Let’s see what makes these binoculars great.
Magnification is responsible for zooming the object you’re trying to look at. This model offers 10 times zoom, so you’ll see everything 10 times as close. This is the best characteristic, because:
- 5x and lower magnification binos won’t provide sufficient zooming capability so you won’t be able to see the needed object or you’ll have to somehow make your way closer to them;
- Anything beyond 12x is very difficult to control, so you’ll need professional equipment and skills. It’s very easy to get the focus off or lose the object after even a slight shock to the binos.
Hand movements and shock won’t become an obstacle, and in combination with other qualities of the model, you’ll get amazing images.
The diameter of the lenses in binoculars is responsible for the amount of light the unit captures and the degree of view you have. The larger the diameter, the more light gets in, improving the quality of the image.
This model has a lens diameter of 42 mm, which allows for great daylight and low-light view. You get a better view with Powerview than with standard binoculars due to the diameter plus the lens coating, but more on that further.
Some of the light often reflects from the lenses before reaching your eyes. This results in dull, slightly blurred images that lack detail.
A special coating of the surface that touches the air doesn’t allow that portion of the light to reflect. This gives you bright, high-contrast pictures.
The Powerview models’ BaK 7 prisms (better if you need depth in your images) are multi-coated. The sight is clear, has great saturation, brightness, and contrast, allowing you to spot every detail.
Convenience in Use
Binoculars aren’t all about the lenses, the construction itself is also very important. You don’t need binos that slip out of your hands and are shaking from the lightest wind.
There are lots of elements in this model that will make their use a delight:
- The model’s body is coated with a strong rubber, which makes it shock-absorbing. Your images won’t deteriorate due to harsh weather or vibration on the surface. It’s very ergonomic in use, too;
- The binos won’t slip from your hands, and the durability is improved by a high-quality roof-prism;
- There’s a focus knob in the center of the body, at a convenient spot you’ll find without even looking;
- The eyecups are fold-down, which is great for glass wearers;
- The base can be attached to a tripod so you can operate the binoculars hands-free.
All these allow for convenient long-time and long-distance viewing (87 m), universal use, and high-quality view.
Great Manufacturer Warranty
No matter how high-quality the product is, when it comes with a warranty, it’s always a plus. On the website of Bushnell, you can find a whole section called Warranty.
It’s stated that all their products get a lifetime warranty, including the Powerview binoculars.
The warranty protects your binos from manufacturing defects. You can find out more on the website of the company or from your seller.
Also, make sure to inspect the item before using it to see if there are any defects from the very beginning. But you can replace it anytime, even if the issue is detected after years of use.
Bushnell Powerview Pros and Cons
To give you an opportunity to quickly understand whether this is the model you need, we’ve gathered all the pros and cons according to official specifications and customer reviews.
To Sum Up
These binos offer a lot of benefits for a reasonable price. You get it all: great magnification, lens coating, sturdy construction, shock absorption, affordability.
A lot of qualities came together in a perfect balance. Sufficient lens diameter and coating, just enough magnification power, etc. provide you with optimal performance in clear daylight or dusk/dawn.